WASHINGTON/LOS ANGELES (Reuters) - U.S. President Donald Trump slapped steep tariffs on imported washing machines and solar panels on Monday, giving a boost to Whirlpool Corp and dealing a setback to the renewable energy industry in the first of several potential trade restrictions.
- As U.S. goes quiet on close naval patrols, China speaks out
- Government shutdown fizzles on spending, immigration deal in Congress
- Reuters reporters accused under Official Secrets Act due in Myanmar court
- Fed nominee Goodfriend, fan of negative rates, could roil debate
- 'Dreamers' disappointed that Congress deferred DACA deal
- UK regulator puts brake on Murdoch's $15.7 billion Sky deal
- Musk may get no salary unless Tesla hits milestones
- Netflix crosses $100 billion market capitalization as subscribers surge
More News »
(Reuters) - U.S. comedian Bill Cosby performed his first stand-up gig since being swept up in sex scandals, joking in Philadelphia on Monday about his blindness and fueling criticism on social media, according to video posted online.
- Father of South African jazz Hugh Masekela dies aged 78
- Singer Neil Diamond diagnosed with Parkinson's disease, to retire from touring
- India's top court rejects bid to re-instate ban on film as Hindu groups protest
More Pop Culture »
Love & Desire
Not every couple has a cute (or even socially acceptable) answer to the oft-asked question: "How did you two meet?" That's because for a surprisingly high number of couples, the answer is: "Oh, I stole him/her away from someone else."