WASHINGTON/LOS ANGELES (Reuters) - U.S. President Donald Trump slapped steep tariffs on imported washing machines and solar panels on Monday, giving a boost to Whirlpool Corp and dealing a setback to the renewable energy industry in the first of several potential trade restrictions.
- As U.S. goes quiet on close naval patrols, China speaks out
- UK regulator puts brake on Murdoch's $15.7 billion Sky deal
- Musk may get no salary unless Tesla hits milestones
- Government shutdown fizzles on spending, immigration deal in Congress
- Verizon quarterly profit jumps, helped by tax reform
- Police sought Secrets Act probe of Reuters reporters an hour after their arrest
- Netflix crosses $100 billion market capitalization as subscribers surge
- Fed nominee Goodfriend, fan of negative rates, could roil debate
More News »
PARIS (Reuters) - Chanel brought a touch of early spring to Haute Couture week in Paris on Tuesday as models decked out in delicate, flower-strewn gowns paraded through rose-covered archways and around a fountain in a specially-built garden.
- Comedian Bill Cosby back on stage for first gig since sex scandals
- Cranberries singer Dolores O'Riordan laid to rest in home town
- Father of South African jazz Hugh Masekela dies aged 78
More Pop Culture »
Love & Desire
Not every couple has a cute (or even socially acceptable) answer to the oft-asked question: "How did you two meet?" That's because for a surprisingly high number of couples, the answer is: "Oh, I stole him/her away from someone else."