WASHINGTON (Reuters) - U.S. lawmakers raced the clock to avoid a federal government shutdown before a midnight deadline on Friday after a meeting between President Donald Trump and Senate Democratic leader Chuck Schumer failed to produce a deal.
- Supreme Court to decide legality of Trump travel ban
- Trump decries 'permissive' U.S. abortion laws at rally
- In fight over Russia memo, Republicans have unusual ally
- U.S. health agency revokes Obama-era Planned Parenthood protection
- Facebook to prioritize 'trustworthy' news based on surveys
- Trump administration says U.S. mistakenly backed China WTO accession in 2001
- In year of drama and chaos, Pence quietly advances conservative agenda
- U.S. to retry Senator Menendez on bribery, corruption charges
More News »
Obviously, family reunions and funerals are not fertile grounds for finding a date. But neither are these seemingly innocent settings. Even armed with your best smile and a foolproof line, you'll never win her over...
- Wall Street ends higher despite government shutdown threat
- Exclusive: Trump's coal job push stumbles in most states - data
- FTC makes second request on Broadcom's bid for Qualcomm
- ADM pursues big ag merger with grain trader Bunge: WSJ
- Judge overseeing AT&T, Time Warner merger trial hears document dispute
LOS ANGELES (Reuters) - Rocker Tom Petty died in October due to "multisystem organ failure" brought on by an accidental overdose of seven medications, the Los Angeles County Medical Examiner's office said on Friday.
- Hollywood producers issue anti-harassment guidelines
- Kim Kardashian names new baby girl Chicago
- Actor Michael Douglas accused of sexual misconduct in 1980s
More Pop Culture »
Love & Desire