Five Surprising Ways to Crank Up Your Love Life
Remember the first thrilling days of your romance? You anticipated every phone call, delighted in every new-found commonality, and reveled in the slightly out-of-control free-fall as you tumbled into love.
Unfortunately, as relationships mature, you end up trading some of that reckless thrill for contentedness and familiarity. While you want to keep your rock-solid relationship, you may want to try our advice if your thrill has chilled.
- Share a Secret. Growing intimacy - and learning what makes your sweetie swoon - is part of what makes new relationships so exciting. Swapping a secret with your beloved is a way to bring back some of the mystery that's lost in long-term relationship.
- Scare Yourselves Silly. You were on to something going to horror flicks as a teenager. "Going to a scary movie is likely to result in a make-out session," says Dr. Galdino Pranzarone, psychology professor at Roanoke College in Virginia. "Couples receive a rush of adrenaline from the flick and misinterpret it as sexual excitement for each other."
- Stoke Your Competitive Spirit. Get fired up over a game or sport. Try touch football or a friendly wrestling match on the living room floor. Not an athlete? Play a round of Twister or strip poker. Any kind of healthy competition will spark your libidos, but for an added bonus, place a sexy wager on the game's results.
- Sweeten The Deal. Feed each other a few aphrodisiacs. Chocolate, for example, actually contains trace amounts of the same chemical - phenylethylamine - that's released by your pituitary gland when you're falling in love. Even though most aphrodisiacs are unproven, the simple act of sharing food together will surely boost your bonding.
- Stick with Spontaneity. Ultimately, what really kills the thrill in a relationship is falling into a routine. Make the effort to occasionally shake up your love life by trying new hobbies, visiting new locales, and keeping your love fresh.
Copyright © Fun Online Corporation