12 Things You Never Knew About Love
Think you know it all when it comes to love, huh? We look at a dozen facts that may surprise you.
- Minute is all you need to know if you're interested in someone. According to a University of Pennsylvania study, we don't need much information to know we're interested; we know it when we see it, almost instantly.
- Number of alcoholic drinks you should have on a first date. 86 percent of men, and 91 percent of women agree that two's the limit for first date drinking. One in five refrain from alcohol altogether.
- Number of dates it takes to decide if things are working. "An important part of a compatible relationship is ensuring that each partner's values coincide, and to learn that takes time, discussion, observation, and interpersonal interaction, not an initial impression based on superficial cues," says James C. Piers, Ph.D., professor and program director of social work, at Hope College in Holland, MI.
- Number of weeks, on average, it takes Internet daters to arrange a "real life" date.
- Number of years longer men live who kiss their wives in the morning compared to those who don't. Affectionate men were also less likely to get into a car accident and had higher incomes, according to the study.
- Percent of men who actually need the extra large condoms. The other 94 percent of guys just have delusions of grandeur.
- Number of sex partners the average man has during his lifetime. Women average four.
- Number of hours minks have sex. The libidinous rodents can pump out up to 260,000 sperm cells at a time.
- Minutes is the ideal length of sex for us humans, according to a study in the Journal of Sexual Medicine. Seven to 13 minutes is the length of time most people prefer to get it on. Guess we're into quickies.
- Years younger a person looks when they have sex four to five times a week, according to a Scottish study. Doctors say the boost of testosterone help men maintain muscle, while the estrogen surge in women results in smoother skin and shinier hair.
- Percent of women who research their dates online. Only seven percent of men admit doing it.
- Number of people you need to date for the best chance of making a love match, according to mathematical theory.
Copyright © Fun Online Corporation