Top 10 Funniest Excuses for a Car Crash
Car crashes are not funny. They are often tragic. What IS funny is how people who are involved in car crashes describe what happened on insurance claim forms.
Combine the instinct to blame the other driver and the small space provided to write what happened, and the result can be rather humorous.
Rinkworks.com has collected some of the best excuses for a car crash. We just wonder what the insurance companies thought!
The top 10 best excuses for a car crash made funny by mangled English:
1. "A pedestrian hit me and went under my car."
2. "The other car collided with mine without giving warning of its intention."
3. "Coming home, I drove into the wrong house and collided with a tree I don't have."
4. "The pedestrian had no idea which direction to go, so I ran over him."
5. "I had been driving for 40 years when I fell asleep at the wheel and had an accident."
6. "I was backing my car out of the driveway in the usual manner when it was struck by the other car in the same place where it had been struck several times before."
7. "The indirect cause of this accident was a little guy in a small car with a big mouth."
8. "The accident happened when the right door of a car came around the corner without giving a signal."
9. "I was on the way to the doctor with rear end trouble when my universal joint gave way causing me to have an accident."
10. "The guy was all over the road. I had to swerve a number of times before I hit him."
--From the Editors at Netscape