(Reuters) - U.S. Senate Majority leader Mitch McConnell said on Thursday he plans to introduce legislation to raise the minimum age for buying tobacco products, including vaping devices, to 21 from 18 to curb their "epidemic" use among teens.
- In campaign against gun violence, Columbine students aim to shock with final photos
- Mueller's Russia report details Trump actions to impede inquiry
- New York City defends measles vaccination order in court
- Man who entered New York cathedral with gasoline charged with attempted arson
- Man gets life in prison for stabbing policeman at Michigan airport
- Ban the bunny: California aims to end post-Easter parade of unwanted rabbits
- Uber unveils safety measures after college student's murder
- Young woman obsessed with Columbine found dead after frantic manhunt
More News »
PARIS (Reuters) - A time lapse camera installed just hours before Monday's devastating blaze at Notre-Dame de Paris may contain vital clues as to what caused the inferno, a French scaffolding company working at the cathedral said on Thursday.
- North Korea calls for Pompeo to be dropped from talks; tests tactical weapon
- Indonesia president declares poll win as rival does too, complaining of fraud
- Explainer: How the EU will vote and why it matters
- U.N. envoy sees troop withdrawal in Yemen's Hodeidah within weeks
- Mortar bombs land on Tripoli suburb as two-week battle rages on
- Catalan leader says Spanish PM might back down on independence vote
- Uganda's top court upholds ruling on extending president's rule
- Putin ally to Ukraine's probable new leader: Do deal and get territory back
(Reuters) - Shares of Pinterest Inc surged 25 percent in their debut on Thursday, giving the online scrapbook company a market capitalization of $15.8 billion and signaling increased investor appetite for new tech listings.
- Sears sues Lampert, claiming he looted assets and drove it into bankruptcy
- Exclusive: New U.S. consumer watchdog chief to continue review of complaints database, fair lending
- U.S. retail sales, labor market data paint upbeat economic picture
- U.S. trade agency sees 76,000 new auto jobs from North American trade deal
- Blackstone to switch from a partnership to a corporation
- U.S. lawmakers to get long-awaited analysis of new NAFTA deal
- Wall Street edges higher on industrial gains; healthcare drags again
- EssilorLuxottica shareholder body propose independent director to ease deadlock
More Business »
PARIS (Reuters) - Bill Murray fighting off zombies and an Elton John biopic tracking the singer's early days will be among the highlights at this year's Cannes Film Festival, though Quentin Tarantino's hotly-anticipated latest outing looked set to miss out.
- Writers Guild of America sues four major Hollywood talent agencies
- Reality TV comes of age with its own fan convention
- AI Robot paints its own moonscapes in traditional Chinese style
- 'Avengers: Endgame' movie directors plead: 'Don't spoil it'
- Record 17.4 million watch 'Game of Thrones' kickoff for final season
- Actress Lori Loughlin pleads not guilty in college admissions case
- Art frenzy takes over Havana as biennial kicks off
- Some HBO GO users face issues ahead of GoT final season: downdetector.com
More Pop Culture »
Jayson Tatum buried a go-ahead 3-pointer with 50.8 seconds remaining Wednesday night, allowing the host Boston Celtics to overcome a late Indiana Pacers flurry and pull out a 99-91 victory in Game 2 of their Eastern Conference first-round playoff series.
- MLB roundup: Astros' streak halted at 10
- NHL roundup: Avs put Flames on brink with OT win
- NFL notebook: Defending champion Patriots open against Steelers
- Nets player: Embiidâs laughing apology over elbow âdisrespectfulâ
- Bogut named Warriors starting center after Cousins injury
- Nadal, Djokovic ease into Monte Carlo quarter-finals
- Olympics: Tokyo ticket lottery to launch for domestic sales on May 9
- Take 5: Can't-miss NFL games in 2019
More Sports »