WASHINGTON (Reuters) - A group of 23 states on Friday sued to block the Trump administration from undoing California's authority to set strict car pollution rules, one of the biggest U.S. battles over climate change.
- U.S. senators urge FDA to remove pod, cartridge-based e-cigarettes from market
- Four Republicans, 19 Democrats vie for U.S. presidential nominations
- Buttigieg, Harris head to Iowa, seeking to rise into 2020 Democratic top tier
- New York Mayor de Blasio ends presidential bid, draws Trump's sarcasm
- U.S. scientists join effort to solve mysterious vaping-related illnesses
- Political battle escalates over whistleblower complaint about Trump
- U.S. wage law applies to marijuana industry workers- appeals court
- Uber sues New York City over cruising and licensing caps
More News »
(Reuters) - From the Solomon Islands to New York's Wall Street, millions of students and workers abandoned schools and offices on Friday to demand urgent action to stop global warming, joining a worldwide strike inspired by 16-year-old Swedish activist Greta Thunberg.
- Media visit Saudi oil plant damaged in strike blamed on Iran
- Canada's Trudeau pledges assault rifle ban, pivots campaign amid blackface scandal
- Yemen's Houthis propose to Saudi Arabia that both sides halt missile strikes
- IS fighters hid among Afghan pine nut harvesters during U.S. drone strike: U.S. official
- U.S. and El Salvador sign joint immigration deal
- Israel's Netanyahu clings to power as coalition talks loom
- Bus bombing kills 12 people near Iraqi city of Kerbala: security services
- At least four dead, 12 critically injured, in Utah tour bus crash
CHICAGO (Reuters) - A U.S.-China trade deal appeared elusive on Friday after Chinese officials unexpectedly canceled a visit to farms in Montana and Nebraska amid two days of ongoing talks in Washington.
- Fed in three voices: recession, bubbles, and 'in a good place'
- Commerzbank aims to cut jobs, branches after Deutsche merger fails
- Wall Street drops after China cancels trip to Montana farmland
- Saudi Aramco sees full oil production from attacked sites by end September
- Facebook suspends tens of thousands of apps in response to Cambridge Analytica row
- Factbox: California's gig worker law could sting 'last mile' delivery
- Oil slips on trade fears but soars in week after Saudi production attacked
- EU court ruling on Starbucks, Fiat million euro tax orders on September 24
More Business »
ROME (Reuters) - Britain's Prince Harry and his wife Meghan joined an array of celebrities on Friday for the glitzy wedding of fashion designer Misha Nonoo at a 17th century Italian villa overlooking the city of Rome.
- Blumarine says elegance comes in kindness at Milan show
- Netflix chief says 'The Crown' will look a bargain after streaming explosion
- India's Eros Now ties up with Microsoft's Azure platform
- Armani sees airy spring for Emporio line, Fendi picks earthy tones in Milan
- Dinosaurs, droids and holy hand-grenade up for grabs at film auction
- Bazinga! HBO Max wins U.S. streaming rights for 'The Big Bang Theory'
- New Zealand to be Middle-earth again in Amazon's The Lord of the Rings series
- Style trumps fashion at Prada, Pilotto goes to the beach at Milan shows
More Pop Culture »
- Women's tour punctuates year of change in pro hockey
- Report: Accuser tells NFL that WR Brown sent 'threatening' texts
- MLB roundup: Yankees notch 100th win to clinch AL East
- WTA roundup: Kerber reaches Osaka semis when Keys retires
- MLB notebook: Yanks' German faces domestic violence probe
- Report: Yanks' German to miss rest of '19
- Panthers visit Cardinals minus starting QB Newton
- Belichick bolts press conference after Brown questions
More Sports »