KINSTON, N.C. (Reuters) - Residents in Georgetown County, South Carolina, where five rivers flow into the ocean, will prepare on Friday for a deluge of water in the aftermath of Hurricane Florence, which has killed more than 40 people.
- Trump questions Kavanaugh's accuser, says opponents want to 'destroy' nominee
- Three infants, two adults stabbed at daycare center in New York City
- Five shot, including a girl, 8, in Syracuse, New York: police
- At Las Vegas rally, Trump backs Kavanaugh, treads carefully around accusations
- Democrats' enthusiasm to blunt Trump soars for congressional election: Reuters/Ipsos poll
- Trump chips away at liberal U.S. appeals court majorities
- Maryland woman kills three people and herself in warehouse gun rampage
- Trump releases first two names of U.S. war dead handed over by North Korea
More News »
UNITED NATIONS (Reuters) - Since U.S. President Donald Trump made his debut at the United Nations a year ago pushing an "America First" policy, he has quit the Iran nuclear deal, the U.N. Human Rights Council and lashed out at some of the closest allies of the United States.
- May says Brexit talks have hit impasse, EU must produce alternative plans
- U.S. sanctions China for buying Russian fighter jets, missiles
- Iran puts on 'show of strength' military exercise in Gulf
- Former NASA scientist to appeal terrorism charges at top Turkish court: lawyer
- Pope to preach solidarity on Baltics visit in shadow of hostile Russia
- Cambodia pardons Australian filmmaker jailed for espionage
- Death toll reaches 136 in Tanzania ferry disaster, scores feared missing
- Russia backs Bosnia's integrity amid Serb calls for secession
CLAYTON, N.C. (Reuters) - Six months into the U.S. tariffs on imported aluminum and steel, Caterpillar Inc
- Expect volume spike on sector reshuffle, quadruple witching
- Farfetch tops price range in IPO in boon to luxury market
- Google defends Gmail data sharing, gives few details on violations
- S&P, Dow hit record highs at the open
- Micron, Toshiba chips in new iPhones: iFixit
- Facebook to drop on-site support for political campaigns
- British inquiry widens Danske Bank money laundering scandal
- Wells Fargo to cut headcount by 5-10 percent in next three years
More Business »
HARRISBURG, Pa. (Reuters) - A Pennsylvania judge on Thursday denied a request by prosecutors to allow additional women who have accused comedian Bill Cosby of sexual misconduct to tell their stories at his sentencing hearing on a sexual assault conviction.
- Kenya lifts ban on lesbian film, making it eligible for Oscars
- Rap mogul Marion 'Suge' Knight pleads to manslaughter days before murder trial
- Prince vaults open up with jazzy 'Piano & A Microphone'
- Female empowerment, 100 years ago, at heart of 'Colette'
- Next James Bond film to be directed by Cary Joji Fukunaga
- Cher turns back time with album of ABBA cover versions
- Han Solo's Star Wars jacket fails to sell at film auction
- Milan's fashion flies high with Emporio airport show and Robbie Williams
More Pop Culture »
Rookie No. 1 overall pick Baker Mayfield relieved a concussed Tyrod Taylor and rallied the Cleveland Browns from a 14-point deficit past the visiting New York Jets for a 21-17 win to break a 19-game winless streak Thursday night at FirstEnergy Stadium.
- Osaka eases into Tokyo semis
- Cycling teams representative says UCI taking them for granted
- MLB roundup: Red Sox beat Yanks for third straight AL East title
- World motorcycling body withdraws Fenati's license until 2019
- NBA notebook: Knicks president 'not taking any risks' on Porzingis
- Golf: Fisher cards first sub-60 round in European Tour history
- Giant concern: Protecting Manning vs. Watt, Texans
- Tennis champion King joins LA Dodgers ownership group
More Sports »