(Reuters) - A dark cloud of impeachment has threatened President Donald Trump for many months, with Democrats in the U.S. House of Representatives, where any such effort to remove him from office would begin, divided about whether to proceed.
- U.S. to ramp up rapid deportations with sweeping new rule
- Hundreds of thousands in San Juan demand Puerto Rico's governor resign
- Deep budget cuts put University of Alaska in crisis mode; 'grappling with survival'
- Trump, justices pay respects to late U.S. jurist Stevens
- Exclusive: Air Force suspends fee payments to landlord Balfour Beatty following Reuters report
- Longtime New York District Attorney, scourge of white-collar criminals, dies at 99: NYT
- Mexico foreign minister says Pompeo did not discuss 'safe third country' plan
- Bayer could benefit from home advantage in St. Louis Roundup cancer trial: experts
More News »
LONDON/DUBAI (Reuters) - Britain called on Monday for a European-led naval mission to ensure safe shipping through the Strait of Hormuz, days after Iran seized a British-flagged tanker in what London described as an act of "state piracy" in the strategic waterway.
- Hong Kong police criticized over failure to stop attacks on protesters
- EU countries agree to new migrant influx mechanism: Macron
- Mexico says no to safe third-country asylum discussion with U.S.
- Greece's newly-elected government wins confidence vote on economic policy
- Widespread blackout hits Venezuela, first major outage since March
- Trump: Positive North Korea correspondence, but no time yet for talks
- Nigerian police, Shi'ite group clash in capital, at least three dead
- Istanbul gives Syrians one month to return to provinces in which they are registered
WASHINGTON (Reuters) - Credit-reporting company Equifax Inc
- Trump expected to attend White House tech meeting where Huawei will be discussed: sources
- Apple in advanced talks to buy Intel's smartphone-modem chip business: WSJ
- S&P 500 climbs toward record high, earnings in focus
- FTC to announce $5 billion settlement with Facebook as early as this week: sources
- Fitch, Moody's cut Boeing's debt outlook to 'negative' on 737 MAX problems
- Ford to upgrade Chicago plant for SUVs, hire 450 workers
- AutoNation names new CEO, posts strong quarterly profit
- Blackstone weighs Cheniere Energy Partners stake sale: Bloomberg
More Business »
LOS ANGELES (Reuters) - Director James Cameron on Monday handed over the baton for the biggest box-office movie of all time to the makers of "Avengers: Endgame" after it ended the 10-year record of "Avatar."
- Box office: 'The Lion King' rules with $185 million debut
- Will life imitate art? Steppe queen movie makes Kazakhs wonder
- Jolie in 'Eternals', Ali as 'Blade' highlight Marvel's star-studded slate
- U.S. rapper A$AP Rocky to remain in Swedish custody, Trump plans to intervene
- 'Star Trek' favorites to return with Patrick Stewart in 'Picard'
- New 'Cats' movie trailer brings out the claws
- Hong Kong actor Simon Yam stabbed on stage in China
- Tom Cruise delights fans with first look at 'Top Gun: Maverick'
More Pop Culture »
(Reuters) - Portuguese soccer star Cristiano Ronaldo will face no charges in Las Vegas in connection with a 10-year-old sexual assault allegation because the case cannot be proven beyond a reasonable doubt, prosecutors said on Monday.
- U.S. trials boast speed, Lyles-Coleman showdown
- Wizards expected to offer All-Star G Beal an extension
- MLB roundup: Yastrzemski, Giants walk off in 12th
- FINA warns Horton but fellow swimmers applaud podium protest
- Report: Jets signing former Texans TE Griffin
- Yankees return RHP Holder back to bullpen
- Wizards, Mystics get new organizational structure
- Report: Patriots' Edelman (thumb) to miss about three weeks
More Sports »