Egypt confirms first coronavirus case, says affected person is foreigner
CAIRO - Feb 14 (Reuters) - Egypt confirmed on Friday its first coronavirus case and said the affected person was a foreigner who had been put into isolation at hospital.
The health ministry said in a statement that it had immediately informed the World Health Organization and had taken all necessary preventative measures. It did not give the nationality of the affected person or any other details. (Reporting by Alaa Swilam Editing by Gareth Jones)
© Copyright Reuters Ltd. All rights reserved. The information contained in this news report may not be published, broadcast or otherwise distributed without the prior written authority of Reuters Ltd.