WASHINGTON (Reuters) - The top Democrat on the U.S. House Judiciary Committee said Sunday he believes there is "substantial evidence" that President Donald Trump committed high crimes and misdemeanors, and he plans to ask former Special Counsel Robert Mueller to present those facts at a congressional hearing on Wednesday.
- Trump relished rally chant, Ocasio-Cortez tells constituents in Queens
- Trump administration pauses new rule limiting abortion referrals: report
- U.S. lawmakers demand Puerto Rico governor resign as protests roil island
- NSA contractor sentenced to prison for huge theft of classified U.S. data
- Democratic lawmakers slam Trump's latest border initiatives
- Massive heat wave bakes central, eastern U.S., with sweaty night ahead
- Astronauts hailed as heroes 50 years after historic moon landing
- About 3,100 federal inmates to be released early under new U.S. law
More News »
DUBAI/LONDON (Reuters) - Britain was weighing its next moves in the Gulf tanker crisis on Sunday, with few good options apparent as a recording emerged showing that the Iranian military defied a British warship when it boarded and seized a ship three days ago.
- Hong Kong police fire tear gas as protests descend into chaos
- Japan's ruling bloc set for upper house majority, may get 2/3: NHK exit poll
- UK finance minister to quit over no-deal Brexit if Johnson becomes PM
- Polish police detain 25 after attacks on equality march
- Pompeo to meet with Mexico's foreign minister to discuss immigration, trade
- Zelenskiy seeks broader mandate as Ukraine holds snap parliament election
- Sink-or-swim showdown beckons for Italy's fractious coalition
- Iraqi Kurdish energy minister Hawrami moved to advisory role in new cabinet
WASHINGTON (Reuters) - White House economic adviser Larry Kudlow will host a meeting with semiconductor and software executives on Monday to discuss the U.S. ban on sales to China's Huawei Technologies Co Ltd, two sources briefed on the meeting said on Friday.
- Equifax nears deal to pay about $700 million to settle U.S. data breach probes: WSJ
- Carlos Ghosn sues Nissan-Mitsubishi in the Netherlands: paper
- CBS stations go dark for DirecTV customers amid contract dispute with AT&T
- Four Republican lawmakers ask Trump to move forward with $10 billion Pentagon cloud contract
- As U.S. 'superstar' cities thrive, weaker ones get left behind
- American Airlines-Qantas joint venture wins final U.S. approval
- BlackRock profit misses estimates, hit by lower fees for lending stocks
- Exclusive: J.C. Penney taps debt restructuring advisers - sources
More Business »
LOS ANGELES, (Variety.com) - Simba and Mufasa reigned supreme this weekend as Disney's "The Lion King" dominated box office charts. Director Jon Favreau's remake of the animated classic collected a massive $185 million from 4,756 North American theaters during its first three day of release.
- Marvel's 'Avengers: Endgame' to set all-time box office record
- Jolie in 'Eternals', Ali as 'Blade' highlight Marvel's star-studded slate
- U.S. rapper A$AP Rocky to remain in Swedish custody, Trump plans to intervene
- 'Star Trek' favorites to return with Patrick Stewart in 'Picard'
- New 'Cats' movie trailer brings out the claws
- Hong Kong actor Simon Yam stabbed on stage in China
- Tom Cruise delights fans with first look at 'Top Gun: Maverick'
- Netflix sinks on subscriber losses, analysts still see growth
More Pop Culture »
(Reuters) - Manny Pacquiao beat defending champion Keith Thurman on a split points decision on Saturday to take the WBA Welterweight Super Championship at the end of an electrifying fight in Las Vegas.
- WTA roundup: France's Cornet, Ferro to meet in Lausanne final
- Golf: Lowry takes stranglehold on Open midway through final round
- ATP roundup: Isner gunning for fourth Hall of Fame title
- MLB roundup: Davis, A's rally to top Twins
- Swimming: Titmus stuns Ledecky to win 400 freestyle world title
- Golf: Phone call from Trump buoys Barbasol leader Herman
- Swimming: Peaty swims under 57secs to smash breaststroke WR
- Cycling: Simon Yates wins stage 15 as Pinot further impresses
More Sports »