- Marvel Comics mogul Stan Lee wins renewal of protective order
- Vigil held in Colorado town for slain pregnant woman and daughters
- U.S. judge approves plan to reunite separated immigrant families
- Ex-lawyer of pharma executive Shkreli gets 18 months prison for fraud scheme
- Top Pennsylvania Catholic leader vows to ensure abuses 'never recur'
- How a mother's tough choice gave her son a potential U.S. asylum advantage
- U.S. court orders Trump administration to enforce chemical safety rule
- California judge rejects plea deal in Oakland warehouse fire
More News »
IZMIR, Turkey (Reuters) - When Andrew Brunson saw a police summons on his door in late summer 2016, the U.S. evangelical pastor thought it was a routine appointment to sort out his residency papers in Turkey, his home for nearly a quarter of a century.
- Former U.N. chief and Nobel peace laureate Kofi Annan dies aged 80
- Kofi Annan struggled to escape the curse of history
- Turkey's Erdogan says to challenge 'games' on the economy
- Rouhani to appear before Iranian parliament soon, says lawmaker
- First a wedding, then hard work: Putin to visit Germany's Merkel
- Muslim pilgrims flock to Mecca ahead of haj
- Italy mourns victims of Genoa bridge collapse with state funeral
- More heavy rains likely in India's Kerala as flood death toll jumps
SAN FRANCISCO (Reuters) - A steep downturn in heavyweight Chinese internet stocks and recent weakness in half of the so-called FANG group have some investors worried that a key component of Wall Street's near-decade long rally may be low on fuel.
- VW's CEO was told about emissions software months before scandal: Der Spiegel
- Trump backs CEOs, proposes easing corporate reporting rules
- Kill quarterly reporting? Some investors ring alarm bells
- Exclusive: U.S. government seeks Facebook help to wiretap Messenger - sources
- China's Geely in deal to let Malaysia's Proton tap new-energy, other vehicle tech in global push
- Tesla stock sinks after Musk gives tearful NYT interview
- Walmart asks some beauty suppliers to consider sourcing outside of China
- Musk's tunnel-boring firm seeks U.S. tariff exemption for Chinese parts
More Business »
LOS ANGELES (Reuters) - Marvel Comics mogul Stan Lee won renewal of a protective order on Friday against a onetime business manager accused of subjecting the 95-year-old "Spider-Man" co-creator to elder abuse after taking charge of his affairs earlier this year.
- Aretha Franklin funeral set for August 31 in Detroit
- 'She knew she was blessed' - Smokey Robinson remembers Aretha
- Travolta, Newton-John reunite for 40th anniversary celebration of 'Grease'
- Scarlett Johansson leaps to top of Forbes' highest-paid actresses
- Emma Thompson, 59, wants more film roles for older women
- Masterpiece theater: Chinese make-up artist brings paintings to life
- With pictures and songs, fans pay tribute as Madonna turns 60
- After #MeToo, Hollywood women seize power behind TV camera
More Pop Culture »
Matt Olson homered off left-hander Tony Sipp leading off the bottom of the 10th inning Friday night, completing a comeback that delivered the Oakland Athletics a 4-3 win over the Houston Astros in the opener of a three-game series between the top two teams in the American League West in Oakland, Calif.
- NFL roundup: Allen outduels Mayfield, stakes claim to Bills quarterback job
- Biles dominant at U.S. gymnastics championships
- MLB notebook: Bauer could miss up to six weeks
- NFL notebook: Helicopters over Lambeau were complete surprise
- Chiefs CB Nelson suffered concussion vs. Falcons
- Report: Tests show Foles' shoulder injury is minor
- Report: Bills quarterback McCarron suffers fractured collarbone
- Federer wears down Wawrinka to maintain mastery over compatriot
More Sports »