WASHINGTON (Reuters) - The university professor who has accused Brett Kavanaugh, President Donald Trump's Supreme Court nominee, of sexual assault will testify before a Senate panel on Thursday about her allegation, her lawyers and the committee said on Sunday.
- Danger remains even as flood waters recede in Hurricane Florence's aftermath
- Texan who published 3-D guns plans jailed on sex assault charge
- Trump administration moves to restrict immigrants who use public benefits
- Cosby sentencing is new milestone for #MeToo movement
- Earthquake of 6.4 magnitude strikes off Guam: USGS
- Trump lawyer Giuliani says Iran's government will be overthrown
- Ex-White House aide revises Flynn sanctions conversation account: report
- Not all in the family - Arizona lawmaker's siblings back opponent
More News »
DUBAI (Reuters) - Iran's elite Revolutionary Guards vowed on Sunday to exact "deadly and unforgettable" vengeance for an attack on a military parade that killed 25 people, including 12 of their comrades, and Tehran accused Gulf Arab states of backing the gunmen.
- Panama revokes registration of last migrant rescue ship in central Mediterranean
- Opposition leader Solih says he has won Maldives election
- German coalition avoids split with solution to spymaster crisis
- Cuba's new president makes first trip to old Cold War foe United States
- UK opposition leader will back second Brexit vote if party wants it
- Tanzania ferry death toll rises to 224, ship's managers detained
- Palestinians say one killed as Israeli troops fire on Gaza protest
- Swiss canton becomes second to ban burqas in public
LONDON/NEW YORK (Reuters) - U.S. cable giant Comcast scored a big win in the scramble for media assets by beating Rupert Murdoch, and his backer Disney, in the battle for Sky with an eye-watering $40 billion bid.
- AstraZeneca CEO warns of medicine shortages after Brexit: Sunday Times
- WPP preparing to merge Young & Rubicam and digital ad firm VML: WSJ
- Canada PM says informal NAFTA talks likely in next few days at U.N.
- Volume spikes on sector reshuffle, quadruple witching
- Volkswagen's Porsche drops diesel in electric car push
- European Banking Authority is asked to investigate oversight of Danske Bank
- Low interest rates spawn rise in number of zombie firms: BIS
- Siemens CEO pushes plans to boost Iraqi power infrastructure
More Business »
(Reuters) - When a grainy video of standup comedian Hannibal Buress making a joke about Bill Cosby's rape allegations on an October night in 2014 went viral, the rallying cry of #MeToo was years away.
- Box Office: 'The House With a Clock in Its Walls' leads with $26.8 million, 'Fahrenheit 11/9' falls flat
- Lesbian romance film shows to sell-out crowd in Nairobi after court lifts ban
- 'Star Wars' fans applaud movie release slowdown
- Armani defines the shape of color in pastel and silver collection
- Plus-sized models and 1990s 'supers' walk for Dolce & Gabbana in Milan
- Notes of music and color enchant Missoni's dreamy night
- Elton John signs with Universal 'for the rest of his career'
- Tom Hardy says on-screen 'Venom' stays true to Marvel comics
More Pop Culture »
- Anderson beats Djokovic again in Laver Cup as Team World hits back
- Efficient Pliskova proves too strong for 'tired' Osaka
- NFL notebook: Mariota in relief of concussed Gabbert
- Report: Raiders preparing for possible temporary move
- Brees breaks Favre's record for completions
- Kentucky cracks Top 25 for first time since 2007
- Report: Steelers listening to offers for Bell
- Report: Gronkowski nearly traded to Lions in April
More Sports »