
Supermarket employees (L) try to turn away a group of migrants attempting to enter the store in Spain's north Africa's Ceuta enclave on August 1, 2026. Almost all of the thousands of migrants who entered Spain's enclave of Ceuta in North Africa had left today, officials said, as the European countries bolstered their border controls. Some 60,000 migrants entered Ceuta over just a few days from neighbouring Morocco, the enclave's regional president told reporters, but yesterday evening officials said more than 48,000 had already returned. (Photo by JORGE GUERRERO / AFP via Getty Images)

